Never be rude to an Arab, a Saudi, or...

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Skipjack

Never be rude to an Arab, a Saudi, or...

Post by Skipjack »

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/TV/ ... tml?hpt=T2

Sorry, could not help quoting Monti Pythons lovely song. The situation once again turns life into one big satire.

kurt9

Post by kurt9 »

You expect to read this kind of stuff on The Onion. Unfortunately this is for real.

IntLibber

Post by IntLibber »

kurt9 wrote:You expect to read this kind of stuff on The Onion. Unfortunately this is for real.
What is amusing me the most is all the libtards like Anderson Cooper, Olbie, and the rest of the chattering elites who refused to buy into Bush's 'us or them' mentality and attacked him, and now Palin, incessantly for it, are going to launch a liberal jihad against islamofascism in their own particularly effete way, for daring to mess with South Park.

Of course, the islamists behind the threats are just proving their retardation. Even Hitler knew to not mess with Walt Disney. We'd have declared war on Germany much earlier if he'd behaved that way.

We can only hope that the rest of the islamofascists echo this small group of idiots in NYC who made the threats. Not only will it help galvanize western public opinion, but it will make them more of a laughingstock in the muslim world.

Allah help Ahmedinejad if he jumps on the South Park hating bandwagon.

Josh Cryer

Post by Josh Cryer »

What pissed me off is that they still didn't go far enough. They never showed Mohammad.
Science is what we have learned about how not to fool ourselves about the way the world is.

EricF

Post by EricF »

Maybe Mohammed is Eric Cartman's father?

bcglorf

Yep

Post by bcglorf »

Josh Cryer wrote:What pissed me off is that they still didn't go far enough. They never showed Mohammad.
And it was the networks and execs that put the brakes on showing his image. Allowing a show to portray every other major religious figure in the most degrading ways imaginable, and then refusing to allow any image at all of Mohammad is more than I can stomach. The Islamofascists aren't the only problem, the army of cowards actively protecting and catering to them are too. It enrages me to see that networks who would spend millions defending a program from government censorship will willingly and proactively self-censor under the threat of violence.

krenshala

Post by krenshala »

Actually, after hearing an interview with them a few weeks ago, I learned that Mohamed appears in EVERY episode of South Park ... as part of the opening credits.

Josh Cryer

Post by Josh Cryer »

So I thought the long beep at the end of the episode was a joke, but it turns out that they actually had dialog there and it was in fact no joke. Also, there's the possibility that Mohammad was in fact actually drawn (fake image using the pic of Mohammad on the Comedy Central website which they failed to take down) and animated, but they censored it, that I didn't expect. I thought for sure the censored thing was a gag. Some kids on the net are taking the one image of Mohammad that is on the Comedy Central website and are going to "remake" the episode with him in it.

Poor Comedy Central, no guts, no glory.

FYI, John Stewart came down hard on Comedy Central for this move.

edit: actually he came down hard on RevolutionMuslim.com and practically everyone radical religious nut over this.
Science is what we have learned about how not to fool ourselves about the way the world is.