The Future The Elites Want For us

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Jccarlton

The Future The Elites Want For us

Post by Jccarlton »

Progressive thinking in action:
http://www.forumforthefuture.org/projec ... animations
pardon me while I barf.

kunkmiester

Post by kunkmiester »

Comments are somewhat encouraging though, most are rejecting the control and loss of freedom involved.

This is the first I've heard of population growth estimates that don't keep going, but then I've not researched the issue, and I generally just see the media fed stuff that's UN crap.
Evil is evil, no matter how small

DeltaV

Post by DeltaV »

The future is now.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Ehehe, very nice one

choff

Post by choff »

In Vancouver, we have public transit in the form of buses and electric trains, plus a city council pushing bicycle lanes over cars in the downtown core, all very expensive. They're basically trying to run the privately held motor vehicles off the road to reduce chronic traffic congestion.

Funny thing happened once, we had a transit strike. Suddenly all the traffic congestion disappeared from the road. No traffic jams, everything moved smooth as silk. While it has never been published, property crime was probably way down too. I just wished that strike could have gone on forever.

Some innovative new companies out there allow people to rent out Smart cars like bikes, more practical than buses I think.
CHoff

DeltaV

Post by DeltaV »

And for those not willing to live in concentration ca... -- I mean, arcologies -- there's this: http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-05-blackbox-car.html

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

This is all so simple. As others have pointed out, 1776 was the time in which the yoke of monarchy/aristocracy was thrown off. Those who would rule us have ever since worked diligently to re-establish the rule of Monarchy and Nobility.

The Soviet Union was nothing but the re-establishment of the Monarchy (Premiere) and Nobility (Party Apparatchiks.) under the pretext of helping the poor peasantry. Yeah, everyone was equal, but no one was allowed to forget who was in charge.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

mrflora

Post by mrflora »

Diogenes wrote:This is all so simple. As others have pointed out, 1776 was the time in which the yoke of monarchy/aristocracy was thrown off. Those who would rule us have ever since worked diligently to re-establish the rule of Monarchy and Nobility.

The Soviet Union was nothing but the re-establishment of the Monarchy (Premiere) and Nobility (Party Apparatchiks.) under the pretext of helping the poor peasantry. Yeah, everyone was equal, but no one was allowed to forget who was in charge.
There was no monarchy or aristocracy in the American colonies in 1776. There were, however, plenty of tax collectors, collecting money for the (private) Bank of England. 1776 was basically about money. It was a literal tax revolt, against the people who had financed the growth of the British Empire since 1694 (the foundation of the BoE) and who were demanding profits from their investments. The people threw off the yoke of the bankers; it took them until 1913 (foundation of the Federal Reserve) to reassert complete control.

Regards,
M.R.F.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

mrflora wrote:
Diogenes wrote:This is all so simple. As others have pointed out, 1776 was the time in which the yoke of monarchy/aristocracy was thrown off. Those who would rule us have ever since worked diligently to re-establish the rule of Monarchy and Nobility.

There was no monarchy or aristocracy in the American colonies in 1776. There were, however, plenty of tax collectors, collecting money for the (private) Bank of England. 1776 was basically about money. It was a literal tax revolt, against the people who had financed the growth of the British Empire since 1694 (the foundation of the BoE) and who were demanding profits from their investments. The people threw off the yoke of the bankers; it took them until 1913 (foundation of the Federal Reserve) to reassert complete control.

Regards,
M.R.F.
I think you oversimplify. Bankers are but one group of people struggling to attain "rent seeking." There are plenty of others besides them. Politicians, for example. Glitterati for another. Modern manifestations of what used to be courtiers and people of influence.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Jccarlton

Post by Jccarlton »

I think the big problem was turning the reserve function of banks over to nominal gov't control. That put the currency and the reserve function in the same hand and that was a mistake. The reality was that considering the times investment banks were trying hard to keep themselves from being nationalized and JP Morgan was trying to find a soft landing for the banking system before he passed on. I don't think, and I have really looking at events surrounding the period of the creation of the Fed, that there was a any "great conspiracy" to take control of everything. Around the turn for the century progressives were trying to vastly increase the scope and size of government and to a large degree they were successful. Banking was on of the things they really wanted to control. Unfortunately for the Progressives the system was so complicated that it took a genius to understand it and make it function. Unfortunately for the country that man was JP Morgan, who was well over 70 and wanted to retire at the worst possible time. The Fed was essentially a "least bad" scenario for a man who was tired of carrying the entire economy on his back and only wanted to play with his trains(the New Haven RR). Having a public/private partnership was at best a compromise solution that has not served the country well.
Diogenes wrote:
mrflora wrote:

Regards,
M.R.F.
I think you oversimplify. Bankers are but one group of people struggling to attain "rent seeking." There are plenty of others besides them. Politicians, for example. Glitterati for another. Modern manifestations of what used to be courtiers and people of influence.