The Man From Chicago ne (Hawaii)

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

MSimon

The Man From Chicago ne (Hawaii)

Post by MSimon »

Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Jccarlton

Re: The Man From Chicago ne (Hawaii)

Post by Jccarlton »

I'm not sure what to make of those White House Insider reports. Sometimes I think they are too unreal to represent reality. Then he predicts something like the Bin Laden raid. If this represents a true image of the Obama White House, it's batsh*t insane.

D Tibbets

Post by D Tibbets »

Despite M. Simon's obvious political bias as the lead item in this thread, I do not understand Jccarlton's comment at all. He is implying facts not in evidence. If you are going to air your opinion, please at least reference your conclusions, otherwise it is completely meaningless except as an indicator of your personal viewpoint.

Dan Tibbets
To error is human... and I'm very human.

Jccarlton

Post by Jccarlton »

D Tibbets wrote:Despite M. Simon's obvious political bias as the lead item in this thread, I do not understand Jccarlton's comment at all. He is implying facts not in evidence. If you are going to air your opinion, please at least reference your conclusions, otherwise it is completely meaningless except as an indicator of your personal viewpoint.

Dan Tibbets
Here's the link to the report that msimon was talking about in his post.:
http://socyberty.com/history/white-hous ... hreatened/
It's part of a series of interviews coming purporting to come from a disgruntled Obama soldier in the White House. They may or may not be factual. Up until the April 29th report, which mentioned the binladen raid before it happened, Iwas taking them with more than a grain of salt. Now I'm not so sure. If these reports are accurate, the Obama Adfministration is disfunctional and tyranical on a scale not seen since the FDR administration. Very scary stuff. Of course if you had actually bothered to follow up the links rathen than just making one of your stupid adhominum attacks you would have maybe come off looking less like an ignorant idiot.

Diogenes

Re: The Man From Chicago ne (Hawaii)

Post by Diogenes »

I am still not sure what to make of Ulsterman. He says things that seem to confirm what I already think, but his existence is a puzzle I cannot comprehend. Presumably the folks at the Obama White House can read, so his continuous commentary is puzzling. One would think the first thing they would do is to find him and shut him up.

As that hasn't happened, presumably he is either a fake, or tolerated for the purpose of misdirection. (Or the Obama team is incredibly stupid on a level unimaginable.)

So Trump being threatened makes a sort of sense. But so does Trump cooperating with Obama to eradicate an issue that had the potential to do serious harm to Obama's reelection chances. To my knowledge, No state has yet to pass an eligibility requirements law. Oklahoma was about to do this, but this bill has been shunted off to committee as a result of the production of whatever it is that Obama's team produce which they call a birth certificate.

It took the wind out of the sails of the eligibility bill(s). It will be a terrible consequence if not a single state demands real proof of eligibility.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

D Tibbets

Post by D Tibbets »

Jccarlton wrote:
D Tibbets wrote:Despite M. Simon's obvious political bias as the lead item in this thread, I do not understand Jccarlton's comment at all. He is implying facts not in evidence. If you are going to air your opinion, please at least reference your conclusions, otherwise it is completely meaningless except as an indicator of your personal viewpoint.

Dan Tibbets
It's part of a series of interviews coming purporting to come from a disgruntled Obama soldier in the White House. They may or may not be factual. Up until the April 29th report, which mentioned the binladen raid before it happened, Iwas taking them with more than a grain of salt. Now I'm not so sure. If these reports are accurate, the Obama Adfministration is disfunctional and tyranical on a scale not seen since the FDR administration. Very scary stuff. Of course if you had actually bothered to follow up the links rathen than just making one of your stupid adhominum attacks you would have maybe come off looking less like an ignorant idiot.
A hah, so the Donald Trump link was pertinent (?). I actually do not see any relevance to this link, at least this particular iteration. Donald Trump attacked the president (and not only on birth cirtificate conspiracy theories) and the white house responded. How shocking! How does that imply anything else?
Personally, I see the release of the long form not as a desperate measure but as an opportune discrediting and marginalizing attack on a potential 2012 adversary. I doubt that the response was only against Donald Trump, but he provided a convenient target against the entire birther conspiracy. Would releasing the form earlier been friendlier? No doubt, but when has politics ever had anything to do with being nice to your opponents? That the White House released this at this time could be considered as a timely attack against D. Trump. It could also be considered as a premature shot against other potential 2012 candidates that had not yet dug themselves as deep a hole as D. Trump did.
It all depends on your viewpoint.

Also, the attack on my person by Jccarlton is innapropiate.

As far as the Obama White house being disfunctional and tyrannical, what are you comparing it to, the Bush white house, the Nixon white house, The Clinton white house? I think the Nixon white house probably would win if both counts are combined, the Clinton white house might have won on the dysfunctional question (if not beat out by the the Carter white house). For tyrannical practices, I think the latter Bush white house might win.
And, as far as any catagory that would include lying , unsupported attacks , etc. against any political opponent, I think any white house that had Carl Rove as a member would win. None can deny the vicious, deceitful and completely effective attacks on Michael Dukakis.

All of this is of course my opinion, based on my recollection and viewpoint. The difference is that I am responding to others viewpoints and presumptions. I am not trying to push my world view down anyone's throat, but am merely responding to such attacks by others.

Dan Tibbets

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

Jccarlton wrote:
D Tibbets wrote:Despite M. Simon's obvious political bias as the lead item in this thread, I do not understand Jccarlton's comment at all. He is implying facts not in evidence. If you are going to air your opinion, please at least reference your conclusions, otherwise it is completely meaningless except as an indicator of your personal viewpoint. .
Of course if you had actually bothered to follow up the links rathen than just making one of your stupid adhominum attacks you would have maybe come off looking less like an ignorant idiot.
Actually, carlton, DT made no ad hominem attacks there. What characterisation has he made of you? He has stated that you've implied things because you didn't quote your source, which is correct. He might've looked a bit harder, perhaps, but it is for the positor of the comment to link it up, not the reader.

You've made the only ad hominem attack here and I suggest you apologise. There is no problem with you raising an objection in the way DT phrased it, it could have been more polite, but it was not at all ad hominem.

I'm getting sensitive about this kind of thing here, because it is what I get accused of quite often. I'm not going to let one of my fellow Aspie's get an undeserved dressing down without saying something about it [in future]. So, I suggest you reconsider your position and make your apology.

Jccarlton

Post by Jccarlton »

D Tibbets wrote:
Jccarlton wrote:

Dan Tibbets
A hah, so the Donald Trump link was pertinent (?). I actually do not see any relevance to this link, at least this particular iteration. Donald Trump attacked the president (and not only on birth cirtificate conspiracy theories) and the white house responded. How shocking! How does that imply anything else?
Personally, I see the release of the long form not as a desperate measure but as an opportune discrediting and marginalizing attack on a potential 2012 adversary. I doubt that the response was only against Donald Trump, but he provided a convenient target against the entire birther conspiracy. Would releasing the form earlier been friendlier? No doubt, but when has politics ever had anything to do with being nice to your opponents? That the White House released this at this time could be considered as a timely attack against D. Trump. It could also be considered as a premature shot against other potential 2012 candidates that had not yet dug themselves as deep a hole as D. Trump did.

As far as the Obama White house being disfunctional and tyrannical, what are you comparing it to, the Bush white house, the Nixon white house, The Clinton white house? I think the Nixon white house probably would win if both counts are combined, the Clinton white house might have won on the dysfunctional question (if not beat out by the the Carter white house). For tyrannical practices, I think the latter Bush white house might win.
And, as far as any catagory that would include lying , unsupported attacks , etc. against any political opponent, I think any white house that had Carl Rove as a member would win. None can deny the vicious, deceitful and completely effective attacks on Michael Dukakis.

All of this is of course my opinion, based on my recollection and viewpoint. The difference is that I am responding to others viewpoints and presumptions. I am not trying to push my world view down anyone's throat, but am merely responding to such attacks by others.

Dan Tibbets
You're obviously one of those people with no comprehension skill who has to be led around everyplace he goes by a little boy with a light. As for defending yourself you butted in having no clue what you were talking about and acted rather obnoxiously. You do know that being rude doesn't make you right. It just makes people thing your stupid. From the evidence you are still clueless about what's going on and still just running off with our brain disconnected. Don't get lost because I'm only going to do this once. The Trump issue had nothing to do with what I was talking about. There was nothing there that was anything of a surprise. It was the source of the post. Around about October of last year, Ulsterman started to post these "interviews" from somebody who was purported to be inside the inner halls of the Obama White House in a sort of fly on the wall position, one of the innumerable staffers that do all the work but never make it into the limelight. These reports were frankly fanciful, but if they were true they would be very scary. It was obvious that this anonymous staffer has been getting more and more afraid of the consequences that he had wrought and wants to get out of the hole he had dug for himself. from the beginning I and probably most people took these reports as the sort of imaginary fiction that a blog writer might create to entertain himself. Now I'm not so sure. There's been too much that has been corroborated by events. The big kicker for me was the prediction, as almost an aside, of the Bin Ladin raid. If this guy is the real thing, what he has been reporting is truly scary stuff. and yes worse than Bush or Clinton. I would recommend that you google "white house insider ulsterman" and judge the reports for yourself. And from now on stay out of threads when you have no clue as to what you are talking about.

Jccarlton

Post by Jccarlton »

D Tibbets wrote:
Jccarlton wrote:

Dan Tibbets

Dan Tibbets
You're obviously one of those people with no comprehension skill who has to be led around everyplace he goes by a little boy with a light. As for defending yourself you butted in having no clue what you were talking about and acted rather obnoxiously. You do know that being rude doesn't make you right. It just makes people thing your stupid. From the evidence you are still clueless about what's going on and still just running off with our brain disconnected. Don't get lost because I'm only going to do this once. The Trump issue had nothing to do with what I was talking about. There was nothing there that was anything of a surprise. It was the source of the post. Around about October of last year, Ulsterman started to post these "interviews" from somebody who was purported to be inside the inner halls of the Obama White House in a sort of fly on the wall position, one of the innumerable staffers that do all the work but never make it into the limelight. These reports were frankly fanciful, but if they were true they would be very scary. It was obvious that this anonymous staffer has been getting more and more afraid of the consequences that he had wrought and wants to get out of the hole he had dug for himself. from the beginning I and probably most people took these reports as the sort of imaginary fiction that a blog writer might create to entertain himself. Now I'm not so sure. There's been too much that has been corroborated by events. The big kicker for me was the prediction, as almost an aside, of the Bin Ladin raid. If this guy is the real thing, what he has been reporting is truly scary stuff. and yes worse than Bush or Clinton. I would recommend that you google "white house insider ulsterman" and judge the reports for yourself. And from now on stay out of threads when you have no clue as to what you are talking about.

Jccarlton

Post by Jccarlton »

Just found this at flopping Aces:
http://floppingaces.net/2011/05/27/is-b ... te-future/
Just posted, though it was writtne just after the election.

D Tibbets

Post by D Tibbets »

JCarlton, that you quote bloggers that support your world view is not surprising. The 1984 blog is selfserving extrapolation without any real comparitive analysis.. It could just as easily been directed at the Bush white house, it's Irac war manipulations, suppressions, the umbrella coverage of homeland security to persue suspension of rights. Many have the view that Dick Chaney had more impact on policy than Bush himself. I cannot point to a smoaking gun, but I point it out that this is just as valid as the diatribe against Obama.

As far as a group that persues a goal without dissension or varied viewpoints being allowed would best describe the current Republican party. Newt Gingrich was just recently blasted for what sounded like reasoned comments about the Ryan medicare plan.

Is human caused global warming real? Possibly, is it a dire predictor of the future. I have my doubts. The science is to uncertain. Has there been manipulation of data? Probably so. Are some trying to gain political and or fanicial gain? Certainly. Has the response from opposing financial interests been biased? Probably so. There is plenty of blame to go around.

Am I impressed by your diatribe against me? Does your diatribe win you converts or strengthen your arguments? No, and I hope not.

Dan Tibbets

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

So much mileage from so little irony.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

Jccarlton wrote:You're obviously one of those people with no comprehension skill who has to be led around everyplace he goes by a little boy with a light. As for defending yourself you butted in having no clue what you were.
Your responses are totally out of order, carlton. Sober up and act like the rest of the forum would expect you to.

Better still, why do you bother to post here? You have posted several hundred posts of which 687 have been in 'general' and 1 has been in 'theory' (in 2008)!!!

Of the 14 posts in 'news', only 1 has been posted in the last 18 months.

What's your interest in polywell and fusion? You seem to be extremely bad at demonstrating any interest in it. I expect most here are currently thinking how embarrassed you should be feeling that I had to point this out to you.

I encourage the forum not to participate in any more of carlton's threads, until s/he expresses some interest in polywell and fusion.

I think it goes without saying that as 'general' is "to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts" then we should not encorage those who've shown no enthusiams for the subject in this forum.

Jccarlton

Post by Jccarlton »

chrismb wrote:
Jccarlton wrote:You're obviously one of those people with no comprehension skill who has to be led around everyplace he goes by a little boy with a light. As for defending yourself you butted in having no clue what you were.
Your responses are totally out of order, carlton. Sober up and act like the rest of the forum would expect you to.

Better still, why do you bother to post here? You have posted several hundred posts of which 687 have been in 'general' and 1 has been in 'theory' (in 2008)!!!

Of the 14 posts in 'news', only 1 has been posted in the last 18 months.

What's your interest in polywell and fusion? You seem to be extremely bad at demonstrating any interest in it. I expect most here are currently thinking how embarrassed you should be feeling that I had to point this out to you.

I encourage the forum not to participate in any more of carlton's threads, until s/he expresses some interest in polywell and fusion.

I think it goes without saying that as 'general' is "to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts" then we should not encorage those who've shown no enthusiams for the subject in this forum.
Chris,
Who appointed you god, or for that matter, moderator. Who is the last time I checked, the author of this thread. As far as I am concerned, Dan traipsed into the thread, started patronizing me and Mike without having a clue what we were talking about, and spouting off about 'facts not in evidence." He couldn't be bothered to actually be bothered to find out what we were really talking about and just started spouting off prog talking points with his brain disconnected. He's still doing it and as far as I am concerned if the only thing you can contribute is talking points and mantras prepare to get burned because right now things are too important to just leave to our current failed "elites" who are in the midst of taking the world into a crash and burn scenario the likes of which we haven't seen since the 1930's.
As for my enthusiasm for polywell, just because I don't endlessly post here about polywell doesn't mean I'm not enthusiastic about it. My interest in energy issues goes back a long time. I've built a substantial library of resources on just about every detail of the energy debate going back decades. I sat in a presentation by the head of plasma physics at Princeton and asked what was the defining issue for fusion power fro Tokamak's, ie "how soon do we get a working reactor?" The answer, "50 years" was more than a little disappointing and convinced me that we needed another path. I had heard about Hirsch, Farnsworth and the fusor from heppenheimer's book, "The Man Made Sun" and Tom's Analog article, but never really thought about it until I saw the article in Pop Sci a few years back about the kid who built one. That lead to polywell and here I am.
Right noe I'm doing the same thing we are, waiting. Right now that's the only thing we can really do until we get positive or negative results. I think though, that we also have to consider what's going to happen when polywell enters the real world, and I personally think it's a matter of when, not if. We have to consider the social and political environment and lay a groundwork to make sure that fusion energy doesn't get beaten to death by all the vested interests and people who have a stake in cultures of scarcity. I've spent most of my life asking two questions "why don't some people want cheap energy?" and "why do some people not want everybody to have the best and prosperous lives they can?" If you really pay attention to my posts you will see that most of them are related one way or another to thos two questions.
I don't post in design because right now I don't really have the time or energy to make the kind of substantive contribution I would like to make. There is also the nonmoonlighting and "we own what you invent" clauses in my current employment contract which sort of restrains me from contributing too much in public. There is also the fact that I do the same kind of stuff that polywell design entails at work every day and frankly I'm already at the ragged edge of burnout trying to redesign an entire mass spec machine vacuum system and repackage the unit before we have a new product release this year. I also don't have the space to play around with building a fusor or polywell right now. Which is too bad because you would not believe the stuff my employer junked last year to make room for the DNA lab startup. Vacuum chambers, pumps, HV power supplies, vacuum gauges, ion guns, everthing you would need to set up a fusor, all gone to the scrap vultures. Right now the biggest contribitions I could make involve the devlopment and resolution of hardware issues and only EMC2 is building hardware and they are not asking for help.
Since I don't really want to play with design I try to look at the big picture. Which frankly is more important.

D Tibbets

Post by D Tibbets »

The viewpoints of Jccarlton is his own. He attempts to reenforce this viewpoint by referencing sources which agrees with him. This does not validate anything except that someone else has his viewpoint. I should point out that this is true for any viewpoint or conclusion by anyone. If the reference can withstand close examination then it gains some validity. Jccarlton seems unwilling to allow examination of claims. One of the most potent tools of a blogger, or communicator is the half truth. They may point out some fact that seems reasonable to a broad audience, but then uses this as a springboard to push unsupported and often completely unrelated issues. Rush Limbaugh is a true artist in this technique, as is any good debater, so long as there is not a referee. Also, a true debate cannot occur when an opposing viewpoint is not tolerated.

It is revealing that Jccarlton's primary mode of communication when a subject is in debate is to attack any who does not comply with his opinions. I find it morbidly amusing that he practices the art of belittlement and intimidation, when this is a large part of what he criticizes.

Dan Tibbets