Fusion film contest

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Ivy Matt

Fusion film contest

Post by Ivy Matt »

I realize most fusion-related news is going in the News section these days, but since this news isn't directly related to scientific or technical developments, I thought it would be best in the General forum.

The Focus Fusion Society, the Watershed Opera Company, and the ICC Workshops are hosting a "Quest for Fusion" film contest. Details can be found here. I'm not entirely clear, but I'm guessing the objective is to tell the story of fusion research (in general, or perhaps relating to a specific confinement concept) in a way that encourages optimism for the future achievements of fusion research. The videos should be 30 seconds to 10 minutes long and posted on YouTube as comments to the contest announcement. The deadline is August 3, 2011, Pacific Daylight Time.

There is a cash prize dependent on fundraising. $400 has been raised so far, but the objective is $1000. $100 of the cash prize can be exchanged for a guided tour of the Potomac River. In addition, the winner will receive a year of free membership in Fusion Power Associates and complimentary registration for the FPA annual meeting and symposium in Washington D.C. on December 14 and 15.

The top 10 videos will be shown during the ICC Workshops in Seattle, Washington, August 16 to 19.
Temperature, density, confinement time: pick any two.