Benghazi is begining to stink.

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Diogenes

Benghazi is begining to stink.

Post by Diogenes »

Bengahzi is either the result of an incredible level of incompetence, or a politically calculated hostage swap gone really really bad.

Interesting theory.

http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2012/1 ... -ruin.html
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

Tyrone Woods' father Charlie is claiming that the CIA had drones in the air and the situation rooms in the White House had the attack on in real time. Everyone knew this was not a riot. We had fighters within an hour, and AC-130 Specter gunships within 2 hours, yet Tyrone fought without support for 4 hours while those in the White House gave instructions to abandon the ambassador and the others.

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2012/10/26/i- ... americans/

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1926876746001/
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

GIThruster wrote:Tyrone Woods' father Charlie is claiming that the CIA had drones in the air and the situation rooms in the White House had the attack on in real time. Everyone knew this was not a riot. We had fighters within an hour, and AC-130 Specter gunships within 2 hours, yet Tyrone fought without support for 4 hours while those in the White House gave instructions to abandon the ambassador and the others.

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2012/10/26/i- ... americans/

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1926876746001/
How things have changed, Back in the day(1982) we had a embassy that was threaten to be overrun. Under our watch we had mustered 6 aircraft close support A navel air cap to protect us and I was sitting on the second wave of boats to recover the ambassador and his staff after the ground pounders secured the beach. When presented with such a response the aggressors withdrew and allowed the embassy staff safe conduct to leave . Our orders were to recover the ambassador and staff regardless of state.
It seems things have changed regarding the sovereignty of our embassy's these days.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Update:

AC-130U Gunship was On-Scene in Benghazi, Obama Admin Refused to Let It Fire

The security officer had a laser on the target that was firing and repeatedly requested back-up support from a Specter gunship, which is commonly used by U.S. Special Operations forces to provide support to Special Operations teams on the ground involved in intense firefights. The fighting at the CIA annex went on for more than four hours — enough time for any planes based in Sigonella Air base, just 480 miles away, to arrive. Fox News has also learned that two separate Tier One Special operations forces were told to wait, among them Delta Force operators.

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2012/10/26/ac ... t-it-fire/

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10 ... urces-say/
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Blackfive: A US Troop Would Not Have Been Painting a Target Unless There Was a Spectre or Armed Predator In the Air to Fire On It

Rush has an interview with a Special Operations planner who says that in an in extremis situation, as the attack on Libya was, the good guys would not have needed an explicit order to protect US personnel. Their standing general orders to protect US citizens and personnel would have already enabled them to act, absent a contrary order.

Only a negative order would have stopped them.

http://minx.cc/?post=334282
— Lord Melbourne —

djolds1

Post by djolds1 »

Diogenes wrote:Update:

AC-130U Gunship was On-Scene in Benghazi, Obama Admin Refused to Let It Fire
The "three CIA requests for aid refused" story seems to be holding up. The AC-130 on station account is a bit more iffy, so I will wait a day or so to see if it holds together. Not sending in planes due to justified fear (say strong suspicion of MANPADS on station w/ the Jihadis in Benghazi) makes some sense - drawing the relief force into an ambush is the oldest trick in the book. And that is precisely what Panetta seemed to be implying in his press conference this week (to paraphrase - "we don't rush in when we don't know what's going on"). But if that AC-130 was on station and refused permission to fire by NCA...

If the AC-130 account is true, there is no excuse. None.
Vae Victis

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

I just had 2 zealots at the door. The conversation went like this:

zealots: We're here distributing these emergency numbers so you have them when the storm comes.

me: Okay. But the pins you're wearing say "OBama".

zealots: Yes, we're also urging people to come out and support the President.

me: I can't do that. He doesn't support our troops or ambassadors.

zealots: What do you mean?

me: Ambassador Chis Stevens and three Navy Seals repeatedly asked for help while they were being attacked by mortar fire for over 4 hours. We had drones in the air and DoD and State watched the whole thing in the situation room, but refused to respond. One of the seals was painting the mortar position with his laser so air assets could respond and someone decided to hang them all out to dry. They're all dead now. I'm sorry, but that's not leadership.

zealots: Where did you hear this?

me: It's been all over the world news for 3 days now. Several state department members, a UN ambassador and OBama himself said they thought this was a riot, even 2 weeks after the incident. But they had a pair of drones in the air. They knew there was no riot. This was a military strike on sovereign US soil against our ambassador and OBama could have stopped it when it was happening. Instead he chose not to and lied about it for weeks. He's still lying about it.

zealots: I think you need to check your facts. The President says he knew nothing about this and I believe him.

me: Okay, so all the guys in his house watching the live broadcast video forgot to tell him when he got back from playing golf. But DoD has standing orders that when attacked like this, US forces can respond and instead, someone repeatedly gave the order to stand down and make no response. Who do you suppose gave that order, to let our people be killed?

zealots: I think you need to check your facts. [turns and stumbles off]
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Keep your eye on this site. They are breaking a lot of the news:

http://theulstermanreport.com/2012/10/2 ... ite-house/

Expect to see Sunday what will be news Monday.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

Progressives making deals with the devil and thinking they can ultimately win their bargain. Hercules rerouting a river to clean out fabled stables choked with manure. Cutting the Gordian knot by Alexander. Those are some thoughts that swim to mind when reading various stories about the web of ugly machinations backdropping this nasty Obama Libya - Syria mess. Makes me wish Ron Paul's arguments against complicating foreign alliances were given more thought.

I don't think this "world leadership" paradigm is ending well. Who the hell would think the Muslim Brotherhood organization would be a smart choice to back? Petty and nasty but small dictatorships sure look preferable to the MB.
Counting the days to commercial fusion. It is not that long now.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

mvanwink5 wrote:Progressives making deals with the devil and thinking they can ultimately win their bargain. Hercules rerouting a river to clean out fabled stables choked with manure. Cutting the Gordian knot by Alexander. Those are some thoughts that swim to mind when reading various stories about the web of ugly machinations backdropping this nasty Obama Libya - Syria mess. Makes me wish Ron Paul's arguments against complicating foreign alliances were given more thought.

I don't think this "world leadership" paradigm is ending well. Who the hell would think the Muslim Brotherhood organization would be a smart choice to back? Petty and nasty but small dictatorships sure look preferable to the MB.
Ron Paul is a foreign policy throwback to the 1930s. And you know what that got us.

Everyone wants to forget the lessons of WW2. You will get a repeat.

If you leave a power vacuum some one will fill it. Who did you have in mind? And how will it be done?

The solution to our current problems is not getting off the tiger. We need a better tiger trainer.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

GIThruster wrote:another interesting theory:

http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/50586

That a Chicago Mafioso would resort to using evil and deadly tactics

(Sending Chemical Weapons into Syria to make it look like the Assad government was using them on opponents to generate world wide Animosity against the Assad government)

would not surprise me at all. Hope! Change!
— Lord Melbourne —

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

MSimon,
At what point do you think we should start meddling everywhere, as we are now, to prevent this worried repeat of WWII? As it is we have assumed the roll of world Nanny and we are now stuck like Braer Rabbit. Moreover, it looks like up to this point all we have done is made matters much worse.

Once you start this world protector role of perfect Nanny, how are you going to find this perfect director of meddling? Sounds like a progressive Plato, but I can be schooled to see the error of my thinking, please help me here.
Counting the days to commercial fusion. It is not that long now.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Ohh, come on! You would of course believe the nonsense Fox noise reports before a major election. They are professional liers and have been cought lying.