bureau of land managment

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

paperburn1

bureau of land managment

Post by paperburn1 »

"Amid the standoff between Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy and the federal government, reports are growing that Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid’s little-known ties to a Chinese solar energy giant could have played a role.

Reid, D-Nev., and his oldest son, Rory, a former chairman of the Clark County, Nev., County Commission, were both deeply involved in a plan by ENN Energy Group to build a huge solar farm in southern Nevada, according to a Reuters report from August 2012."...

And they are enforcing on state owned land.
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

KitemanSA

Re: bureau of land managment

Post by KitemanSA »

Reid is such a sleaze!

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

From what I know the land in question is actually owned by the feds, changed ownership a couple of decades ago.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

there are many levels to this. If that fact was true then the judges that ruled on this case overstepped their bounds. They should have allowed a state court to decide. And what is the bureau of land management doing with snipers? What about the turtles (strange but true question and are they really protecting them by euthanasia because they can't afford to move and care for them but there is so many that they must be moved so that the cattle that they have lived with for the last hundred years do not kill them. but the BLM can...) How much money will Harry Reids son make off of this deal? Is it true that the government refused a payment deal but made the same deal with other ranchers?
Bottom line something smells to high heaven and its not cow poop.
reuters made some very good articles on these questions and more.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

The federal government has shut down a scenic but windswept area about half the size of the state of Delaware to round up about 900 cattle it says are trespassing.
"No cow justifies the atmosphere of intimidation which currently exists nor the limitation of constitutional rights that are sacred to all Nevadans," the governor said in a statement.

Sandoval said he was most offended that armed federal officials have tried to corral people protesting the roundup into a fenced-in "First Amendment area" south of the resort city of Mesquite.

The site "tramples upon Nevadans' fundamental rights under the US Constitution" and should be dismantled, Sandoval said.

BLM spokeswoman Kirsten Cannon and Park Service spokeswoman Christie Vanover have told reporters during daily conference calls that free-speech areas were established so agents could ensure the safety of contractors, protesters, the rancher and his supporters.

The dispute between Bundy and the federal government dates to 1993, when land managers cited concern for the federally protected tortoise and capped his herd at 150 animals on a 250-square-mile rangeland allotment. Officials later revoked Bundy's grazing rights completely.

Cannon said Bundy racked up more than $1.1 million in unpaid grazing fees over the years while disregarding several court orders to remove his animals.

Bundy estimates the unpaid fees total about $300,000. He notes that his Mormon family's 19th century melon farm and ranch operation in surrounding areas predates creation of the BLM in 1946.

Since the cattle roundup began Saturday, there has been one arrest.

Bundy's son, Dave Bundy, 37, was taken into custody Sunday as he watched the roundup from State Route 170. He was released Monday with bruises on his face and a citation accusing him of refusing to disperse and resisting arrest. A court date has not been set.

His mother, Carol Bundy, alleged that her son was roughed up by BLM police.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

In april of 1932 the Nazi party limited the Jews to "zones" where they had the right to assemble for free speech. These were later abolished as well as the right to access to markets, forbidden to advertise in newspapers, and deprived of access to government contracts. Citizens were harassed and subjected to violent attacks. You could remove the word jew and put in place the word Nevadian and things would look very familiar.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

choff

Post by choff »

Let's hope nobody gets killed in a stampede by a herd of turtles. It's over now, looked like something straight out of a John Wayne movie when the cowboys went in and took the cattle back. The powers that be need to find a better way of doing things, because if some kid had set off a pack of firecrackers when the two sides were butting heads, it could have ended up looking like Jonestown instead.
CHoff

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

You got that right, that situation was ten seconds from being a bloodbath. The news in the states did not show the fact that there was better than 100 armed men there to support this man.
I suspect they are going to wait until a few days pass then arrest him in town.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

choff wrote:Let's hope nobody gets killed in a stampede by a herd of turtles. It's over now, looked like something straight out of a John Wayne movie when the cowboys went in and took the cattle back. The powers that be need to find a better way of doing things, because if some kid had set off a pack of firecrackers when the two sides were butting heads, it could have ended up looking like Jonestown instead.

I suspect it would not have remained isolated to Nevada. As I have, over the years, made it quite clear that I am on the "conservative" end of the political spectrum, I listen to, and participate in discussions on various conservative websites.

There is much anger and animosity at a regime which many regard as having weaponized government against them. (IRS, EPA, BLM, etc.) There are a lot of people who expect more Nazi like behavior from this most Nazi of governments, and are likewise stating their determination not to put up with it.

I'm glad the whole thing was calmed before someone(s) did something really stupid. And for what it's worth, it appears to me as if the Government is actually within it's legal rights, and the Rancher has a weak argument in support of his position. I might change my mind if more facts come to light, but i'm having a hard time grasping why the rancher thinks he can continue using the Federal land, especially when he had previously been paying those grazing fees.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

Nuke the desert tortoises!

Oh, wait....
Temperature, density, confinement time: pick any two.

JohnFul

Post by JohnFul »

Let's hope nobody gets killed in a stampede by a herd of turtles. It's over now, looked like something straight out of a John Wayne movie when the cowboys went in and took the cattle back. The powers that be need to find a better way of doing things, because if some kid had set off a pack of firecrackers when the two sides were butting heads, it could have ended up looking like Jonestown instead.

Eh... at Jonestown, a bunch of willing followers (and a whole bunch more unwilling ones) "drank the koolaid" which just happened to be laced with cyanide. That's a heck of a lot different from a scenario where a bunch of jackbooted goobermint thugs invade and seize the private property of a citizen(s) for the sole benefit of one or more of the self appointed "leaders". The "Holodomor" would be a much more accurate analogy.

J

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

Diogenes wrote:
There is much anger and animosity at a regime which many regard as having weaponized government against them. (IRS, EPA, BLM, etc.) There are a lot of people who expect more Nazi like behavior from this most Nazi of governments, and are likewise stating their determination not to put up with it.

I'm glad the whole thing was calmed before someone(s) did something really stupid. And for what it's worth, it appears to me as if the Government is actually within it's legal rights, and the Rancher has a weak argument in support of his position. I might change my mind if more facts come to light, but i'm having a hard time grasping why the rancher thinks he can continue using the Federal land, especially when he had previously been paying those grazing fees.
They originally said it was to protect the turtles and come to find out that the turtle could not survive without the cows.
as well the amount owed to the government is under dispute. They claimed 1.1 million he claims 300,000 and its due to the state and not the feds. Anyway the feds came in with back hoes dump trucks and snipers to "gather" the cattle.
Bottom line if the cattle are removed then the Chinese power company ENN can put a solar plant there and harry reids two sons will make a bunch of money. there is a lot more about the power company's part in newsprint outside the USA

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

From what I understand the land was never private property, but state property before the feds took it. Bundy just had grazing rights, not ownership. I admit that information has been pretty confusing on this, so I might have misunderstood.

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

More on the Chinese solar company and Harry Reid, http://www.infowars.com/flashback-sen-r ... ndy-ranch/
The daylight is uncomfortably bright for eyes so long in the dark.