The Obama Punt Gun Does It's Work

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Jccarlton

The Obama Punt Gun Does It's Work

Post by Jccarlton »

This is bad, very bad:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/won ... g-created/
The Obama punt gun at work.

Diogenes

Re: The Obama Punt Gun Does It's Work

Post by Diogenes »

Jccarlton wrote:This is bad, very bad:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/won ... g-created/
The Obama punt gun at work.

Empowering an idiot has consequences.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

kunkmiester

Post by kunkmiester »

I remember an article about how while lots of small businesses don't exist after the first year, a lot of them aren't actually kaput--a significant portion are bought out by larger companies. This article doesn't seem to take that into account, so it's got issues there.
Evil is evil, no matter how small

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Well, somehow, somewhere the top 0.5% are still making good money. The US now has more millionaires than ever before...

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

Diogenes wrote:Empowering an idiot has consequences.
If only we were so lucky. We got not just an idiot, but a throughly corrupt idiot.
The daylight is uncomfortably bright for eyes so long in the dark.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Skipjack wrote:Well, somehow, somewhere the top 0.5% are still making good money. The US now has more millionaires than ever before...
To be fair, being a "Millionaire" today, has not near the meaning it did in decades past.
It has some meaning in the days before the average family income stablized in the 40K zone (which has been a while now).
Now, taxes and purchase power dilution has lowered its meaning.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

ladajo wrote:
Skipjack wrote:Well, somehow, somewhere the top 0.5% are still making good money. The US now has more millionaires than ever before...
To be fair, being a "Millionaire" today, has not near the meaning it did in decades past.
It has some meaning in the days before the average family income stablized in the 40K zone (which has been a while now).
Well, one has to say that while we have more millionaires now than ever (also more than right before the 2008 financial crisis!), the median income of the middle class has declined, while their cost of living has increased. E.g. in order to have a middle class income today, people need to have a lot more and a lot more expensive education than they needed 20 or 30 years ago.
If anything, the top 0.5% were the ones that benefit from the financial crisis, while everybody else is worse off.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

ladajo wrote:

I have come to the conclusion that they are deliberately promoting inflation so as to legally steal the value from money in savings.

The money I earned two decades ago is worth much less than it was when I earned it.

Thieving is the fundamental principle of this lot.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

hanelyp wrote:
Diogenes wrote:Empowering an idiot has consequences.
If only we were so lucky. We got not just an idiot, but a throughly corrupt idiot.

I will not challenge the veracity of this statement. It is all too clearly true.
— Lord Melbourne —