Signs of life on Venus

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

choff

Signs of life on Venus

Post by choff »

CHoff

choff

Re: Signs of life on Venus

Post by choff »

Even if it's a microbial life form, it has to eat something in order to survive. What would that be?
CHoff

williatw

Post by williatw »

choff wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:09 pm
Even if it's a microbial life form, it has to eat something in order to survive. What would that be?
Don't know about how much water vapor and other components necessary for life as we know it are in Venus's upper atmospheric regions. However there are areas in said upper atmosphere of Venus where temperatures/pressures are actually temperate. I mean comparable to Earth surface temperature/pressure. Most of the heavier Sulfuric acid and Sulfur dioxide is also below said regions in Venus's atmosphere. A dirigible of some kind floating in Venus atmosphere could be filled with oxygen/nitrogen and still be buoyant because of the much heavier CO2; it would float in the atmosphere on its on. Floating colonies would therefore be viable for human venusian colonization. Good enough maybe at least until we started terraforming it.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

choff wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:09 pm
The bacteria in hydrothermal vents are chemolithotrophs. These bacteria use sulfur, as sources of energy to reduce carbon dioxide to organic carbon. I can see venus being one big stewpot for this type of growth Just spitballing here but yes I see a pathway to life as we know it.
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.