HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT POLYWELL?

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

PolyGirl

Finding out about Polywell

Post by PolyGirl »

I have been interested in science since I don't know when, and had read about Philo T Farnsworth saga and his fusor a couple of years ago.

Then one day I was reading Slashdot and it mentioned Dr Robert Bussard's death and the links provided led me to Talk-Polywell and the video "Should Google go nuclear?". I obviously read all the other sites associated with "Polywell Fusion". and as some people would say "the rest is history".

Regards
Polygirl
The more I know, the less I know.

Torulf2

Post by Torulf2 »

I goggled for fusion energy in hope to find fixes for oil crises, oil war and greenhouse warming. I find "Should Google go Nuclear".

djmelfi

Post by djmelfi »

In Search of conservative principles

pbelter

Post by pbelter »

I had a really boring job in Mountain View. My company and the SETI institute were in the same building and I had to go trough their lobby to get to my office. Every morning while working there I wished I could have an interesting job like those guys. Little did I know that a few miles away at Google Dr Bussard was giving his famous lecture. I was reading about ITER and the wiki page had reference to criticism by DR Bussard, this led me to the lecture at Google site. I have been following the progress since Nov 2006.
Another interesting story I found those days was the Heim Theory. It would be nice to have a Heim Drive propelled by a BFR. The Heim Theory forum was shut down but I see a lot of the same folks here.

Stephen Gentle

Post by Stephen Gentle »

The first time I really heard about Fusion was in High School, when I saw an article about some kid who had built a little IEC reactor in his garage. This really fascinated me, and in my research on fusion and IEC, I came across Fusor.net and Tom Ligon's article which was posted there, and the Should Google go Nuclear video.

krenshala

Post by krenshala »

I first heard about the Polywell on the American Anti-Gravity site. I used to go there periodically to see what was posted (some interesting, some obviously ... different). There was an audio interview with Dr Bussard on there from Oct 2006 (or was it 2007?) and thats where I first heard about it. About 5 minutes of googling later I had both the EMCC and Talk-Polywell sites in my bookmarks. ;) I've been lurking here ever since.

==

2007 - Simon

http://www.americanantigravity.com/arti ... Page1.html

zbarlici

Re:

Post by zbarlici »

MSimon wrote:I document my first contact here:

http://powerandcontrol.blogspot.com/200 ... usion.html
Can you pls update your blog with a summary of happenings and results since you last posted there, and maybe a few links? I want to start some threads in some other forums i hang out in nowadays. Thank you.

KitemanSA

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT POLYWELL?

Post by KitemanSA »

Tom Liton’s paper in Analog, but it had a cliff hanger ending that took quite a while to resolve.