We lost so many members :(

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

ladajo

Re: We lost so many members :(

Post by ladajo »

This has been one of Jaeyoung's tenets in growth. The shift in plasma science from physical test articles to simulations. The advances accomplished make that viable. Thus a shift in focus.

Good chance things are in the offing I think.

I am also glad to see the core members still around.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

I'm still around, but I don't check in here much anymore. Haven't seen any interesting news in a long time.

Good to see some people are still posting occasionally.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Diogenes wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:47 am
I'm still around, but I don't check in here much anymore. Haven't seen any interesting news in a long time.

Glad to see you around still!
I thought the Helion and ZAP news were pretty cool!

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Skipjack wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:52 pm
Diogenes wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:47 am

Glad to see you around still!
I thought the Helion and ZAP news were pretty cool!

You too. Clearly you have made it past the Covid crises so far, and apparently your other health issues have been kept under control.

I'm kinda worried about Simon. I hope he's okay his commentary on other sites of which I am familiar has stopped, and then I see on this site he mentions having a heart attack last year.

I always liked him even though he's a bit headstrong and curmudgeonly.

I wonder if we are ever going to get any more news about Polywell. Seems like other efforts may beat them to the punch.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Diogenes wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:39 pm
Clearly you have made it past the Covid crises so far, and apparently your other health issues have been kept under control.

Yeah, I have been lucky so far :)
Diogenes wrote:
I'm kinda worried about Simon. I hope he's okay his commentary on other sites of which I am familiar has stopped, and then I see on this site he mentions having a heart attack last year.

Oh dear! I hope he is OK as well!
Heart attacks are nothing to sneeze at. I can write a song about that...
Diogenes wrote:
I wonder if we are ever going to get any more news about Polywell. Seems like other efforts may beat them to the punch.
Last I heard was that EMC2 had closed :(
Hope that with the now increased funding and interest in fusion, maybe the Polywell will get second look elsewhere.

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

Hope that with the now increased funding and interest in fusion, maybe the Polywell will get second look elsewhere.
I find it hard to imagine Polywell doing better than Helion, whole package,... except if PW could fuse Boron economically & that would be a long bet.
Counting the days to commercial fusion. It is not that long now.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

mvanwink5 wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:02 am
I find it hard to imagine Polywell doing better than Helion, whole package,... except if PW could fuse Boron economically & that would be a long bet.
As you know, Helion is my favorite fusion outfit, but I would really like to see Polywell get a chance. Without anyone trying, we will never know how well or badly it would perform.

Torulf2

Post by Torulf2 »

Hello from an old participant. I have not heard from you for a long time due to technical problems.
My password has disappeared and I can not get a new one. Now I found an old login on my mom's old computer. So I can send this message.
I would be happy if someone could help me with the password. For some unknown reason it does not work when I try to report "forgotten password".
It is possible my old email address is dead. Also test
torulf.greek@gmail.com

The outlook for fusion energy now looks brighter than in a long time.
Torulf

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Torulf2 wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:03 pm
Hello from an old participant. I have not heard from you for a long time due to technical problems.
My password has disappeared and I can not get a new one. Now I found an old login on my mom's old computer. So I can send this message.
I would be happy if someone could help me with the password. For some unknown reason it does not work when I try to report "forgotten password".
It is possible my old email address is dead. Also test
torulf.greek@gmail.com

The outlook for fusion energy now looks brighter than in a long time.
Torulf
Torulf! Glad you are still around! Love your animations (CG guy myself, though lately highly specialized)!
Sorry, I can't help you with your password problem. Maybe try writing in the admin section and hopefully Joe sees it there and can help you out...

Carl White

Post by Carl White »

Hi Torulf,

I suggest using the 'Contact us' button on the bottom bar to write a message to an admin to explain your situation.

PolyGirl

Post by PolyGirl »

I'm still around. I just lurk.

Polywell needs to be funded to the next level. Otherwise we will never know what "Polywell" can or cannot do.

If I had the money (winning lotto) I would fun it without hesitation. Did the last round of tests not show any promise?

I know they proved two separate experiments in regards to Polywell and the next step was to combine those two experiments into one costing $20 to $30 million dollars. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway I'm still following Polywell.

Regards
Polygirl
The more I know, the less I know.

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

Many stellar members
But the politics forum was toxic long before toxic became mainstream
You can do anything you want with laws except make Americans obey them. | What I want to do is to look up S. . . . I call him the Schadenfreudean Man.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Betruger wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:15 am
Many stellar members
But the politics forum was toxic long before toxic became mainstream
I never go there anymore. Just stick to the news.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Maybe we will see a resurgence given this news from EMC2/SHINE partnering.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

I am back after about a decade.
I will now wait while everyone thinks “who cares”!