Propellantless propulsion from plain-old Special Relativity

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

D Tibbets
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Propellantless propulsion from plain-old Special Relativ

Postby D Tibbets » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:52 am

Back to GR and instantaneous versus limited speed interactions, I am far out of my depth. Does the speed of gravity fit into the argument? The speed of gravity is apparently ~ equal to the speed of light. This superficially causes all sorts of problems with orbital mechanics, but there are considerations that apparently resolves the conflict.

http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/R ... speed.html

Dan Tibbets
To error is human... and I'm very human.

GIThruster
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby GIThruster » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:04 pm

"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

Diogenes

Postby Diogenes » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:06 pm

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

JoeP

Postby JoeP » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:45 pm

paperburn1

Postby paperburn1 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:37 pm

That still will not move me faster than C
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

Diogenes

Postby Diogenes » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:41 am

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Skipjack

Postby Skipjack » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:36 am

I am looking for something that helps us get to orbit faster, cheaper and more reliably. Once you can do that, going anywhere else becomes much easier. But for some reason that seems to be more elusive than in space propulsion :(

KitemanSA

Postby KitemanSA » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:17 am

Return to “News”